Sunday, November 8, 2009

new post

Recently I decided to get out my summer shoes….pulled them out from the bottom of my closet and they were completely moldy. Nothing else in my closet is moldy, and I didn’t notice at all cuz the light down there is not too good. But there was no evidence of mold on the walls or anything. And my backpack was not moldy at all. Just the leather of my shoes. It was really gross and I've never seen anything like it. The photos don't do it justice.
It is pretty irritating, since it means I have to buy shoes now. The orange moccasins are irreplaceable and were a brand-new going-away present. The sandals I bought cheap in Pakistan. The Birkenstock were the best and most comfy, practical summer shoes, and expensive, but at least I can get them again back in Berlin. I don’t mind having to replace them so much because now I can buy them in the color that I actually wanted. :D





------------------------------------

We went to the theater to see some of our girls perform. All the special education schools of Temuco were present, each school had a short piece on stage. Three of our girls are in special ed, Jessica, who goes to the deaf/mute school, and Catalina and Cynthia. Jessica wasn’t performing, but Catalina and Cynthia were in a short “Flintstones” dance. Here are some photos:


Catalina is standing behind the wheelchair, she was "Betty" from the Flintstones. Cynthia is the white bird in the middle.

Cynthia and Catalina after the performance. They are both 13 years old. Cynthia has a growth problem, she is very small for her age. They don't know much about her condition, apparently her aunt had the same thing and died in her 30's.


my photo site is currently full, so i am not uploading fotos right now, i have to rent more webspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment